- When: Sunday, August 17, 2014 at 12 noon
- Where: Guy Talbot State Park in the Columbia Gorge, the same location as last year.
- Bring your own beverages and we will provide the plates and plastic utensils. The format for the picnic will be a potluck: If your last name begins with A through G, bring a dessert; H through P, bring a main dish; Q through Z bring a side dish or salad. The picnic will begin at 12:00 noon.
- GSOC is reserving the picnic shelter for the day, therefore a suggested contribution of $3 per person, during the picnic, will be appreciated to help cover the cost.
- Directions: Traveling east on I-84 from the Portland area, take Exit 28 (Bridal Veil). Travel about 2 miles west on the Historic Columbia River Highway to the park. Note: Guy Talbot State Park is NOT at Latourell Falls. It is along Latourell ROAD, which intersects with the Columbia River Highway at two points on the NORTH side. Watch for signs for GSOC event. There is no parking fee.
- After the picnic, participants may wish to take the short walk to Latourell Falls, or drive to the trailhead near the freeway exit and hike up to Angel's Rest. Participants are encouraged to watch for last-minute announcements on this page.
August 17Board Meeting