Field Trips for GSOC Members
Upcoming Field Trips
Come see billion-year-old building stones and the fossils hidden under our feet. Join us for a two-hour outdoor walking tour of downtown Portland’s geological mysteries and oddities. This tour is open to the public.
What to Bring on a GSOC Field Trip
- Bring boots, raincoats, layered clothing even if it's not raining. Be prepared to get wet and muddy.
- Pack a lunch unless a lunch destination is announced, then bring lunch money.
- You must be a member of GSOC or a guest of a member to participate in the field trips. Become a member of GSOC!
- The GSOC Board has decided that a registration fee will be charged on GSOC field trips. Refer to the trip description for the fee.
- We encourage carpooling and may need to mandate carpooling on certain trips if parking space is limited at the stops on the trip. People who carpool are also asked to share the cost of the gasoline for the vehicle in which they are riding.
Our Previous Adventures
April 1938 — Goshen Fossil Leaf Pit
May 2014 - Lewiston Basin/Snake River
Sept. 2014 — Cascades Sedimentary Geology
Sept. 2015 — Wonders of Southeast Oregon
June 2016 — Eastern Columbia River Gorge
Aug. 2017 — Eclipse Field Trip
Sept. 2017 — Mt. St. Helens Helicopter Tour